- 140mm class performance in 120mm size: 7 heatpipes, more surface area and a dual fan configuration with state-of-the-art NF-A12x25 fans allow the NH-U12A to rival many 140mm size coolers!
- Excellent case, RAM and PCIe compatibility: Fits most tower cases (158mm height), doesn’t overhang the RAM slots on LGA115x and AM4, doesn’t block the PCIe on most ATX and Micro-ATX motherboards.
- Quiet, state-of-the-art NF-A12x25 120mm fans with Low-Noise Adaptors and PWM for automatic speed control: Full cooling performance under load, virtually silent at idle!
- Includes high-end NT-H1 thermal paste and SecuFirm2 mounting system for easy installation on Intel LGA1150, LGA1151, LGA1155, LGA1156, LGA2011, LGA2066 and AMD AM4, AM3(+), AM2(+), FM1, FM2(+)
- Renowned Noctua quality backed up by 6-year manufacturer’s warranty
The NH-U12A is the latest, 5th generation of Noctua’s award-winning NH-U12 series of 120mm size premium-quality quiet CPU coolers. Conceived to push the envelope of the 120mm form factor, it combines two of Noctua’s flagship model NF-A12x25 PWM 120mm fans with a completely redesigned heatsink featuring 7 heatpipes and an increased fin surface area for superior heat dissipation. This way, the NH-U12A can rival the performance of many 140mm size coolers while offering 120mm class case and PCIe compatibility. Topped off with the trusted, pro-grade SecuFirm2 multi-socket mounting system and Noctua’s proven NT-H1 thermal compound, the NH-U12A is a deluxe choice that combines top-tier performance with excellent compatibility and outstanding quietness of operation.
Award-winning NH-U12 series
First introduced in 2005, Noctua’s NH-U12 series has won more than 600 awards and recommendations from leading international hardware websites and magazines. The NH-U12A is the latest addition to this prestigious series that has established itself as a benchmark for premium-quality quiet 120mm coolers.
100% RAM compatibility on LGA115x and AM4
Due to its asymmetric design, the NH-U12A does not overhang the RAM slots on Intel LGA115x and AMD AM4 based motherboards, which ensures easy access to the modules and 100% compatibility with tall heat-spreaders. On LGA2066, the rear fan will overhang the RAM slots on the left-hand side of the socket, so RAM modules should not exceed 42mm in height. *
Dual NF-A12 120mm fans
The NF-A12x25 is a highly optimised next-generation 120mm fan that integrates Noctua’s latest innovations in aerodynamic engineering in order to achieve an unprecedented level of quiet cooling performance. Using this elite-class fan in a push/pull dual fan configuration is one of the cornerstones of the NH-U12A’s commanding performance and acoustic efficiency.
Classic 120mm tower size for excellent case and PCIe compatibility
Standing 158mm tall, the NH-U12A is short enough to fit most modern mid- or high-end tower cases. Measuring 125mm wide (including fan and fan clips), the cooler stays clear of the top PCIe slot on most standard ATX or Micro-ATX motherboards, ensuring optimum compatibility with multi-GPU setups.
- Height (without fan): 158 mm
- Width (without fan): 125 mm
- Depth (without fan): 58 mm
- Height (with fan): 158 mm
- Width (with fan): 125 mm
- Depth (with fan): 112 mm
Copper (base and heat-pipes), aluminium (cooling fins), soldered joints & nickel plating
Scope of delivery
- 2x NF-A12x25 PWM 120mm fan
- 2x Low-Noise Adaptor (L.N.A)
- 4-pin PWM y-cable
- SecuFirm2 mounting system for Intel and AMD
- NT-H1 thermal compound
- Noctua Metal Case-Badge
* In cases with more than 158mm CPU cooler clearance, the rear fan can be moved upwards to make room for memory modules taller than 42mm.
140mm performance in 120mm size
Thanks to its completely revised 7 heatpipe layout, 37% more fin surface area and a dual fan push/pull configuration that uses the new, state-of-the-art NF-A12x25 fans, the NH-U12A can actually match or even outperform many 140mm sized coolers.
|NH-U12S||NH-U12S TR4-SP3||NH-U12S SE-AM4||NH-U12DX i4||NH-U12S DX-3647||NH-U12A|
|LGA2011-0 & LGA2011-3||✓||X||with NM-I2011*||✓||X||✓|
|LGA115x (LGA1150, LGA1151, LGA1155, LGA1156)||✓||X||with NM-i115x*||X||X||✓|
|LGA1366||with NM-I3||X||with NM-I3||X||X||with NM-I3|
|LGA775||with NM-I3||X||with NM-I3||X||X||with NM-I3|
|Xeon LGA2011 Narrow ILM / Xeon LGA1366 & LGA1356||X||X||X||✓||X||X|
|AM2(+), AM3(+), FM1, FM2 (+)||✓||X||X||X||X||✓|
|TR4 & SP3||X||✓||X||X||X||X|